Sunday, January 3, 2010

So far

With this piece I'm not sure if it's too busy or not or if the roots are defined enough. I'm not really sure if its done really but I like it for the most part

I just painted these looking at the trees across the street from my house, then went over them in oil pastels, I kind of like the messy-ness and easy look of it, but I'm not sure.
I think I'm going to put in shadows to define the placements of the trees and then defined roots, all connecting to each-other, but I'm not completely sure..


3 comments:

  1. yay! pictures!

    ok, so i would say that the roots on the top one need to be a little more entangled and maybe thicker/darker. they don't really have placement yet and just kinda seem to be floating. maybe more roots towards the bottom of the picture. i still really like the flowers though.

    the second one is cool and i like the different colors, looseness, and that you did the trees across from your house. but where are the roots??! slash people? and connection??? :) you need to find some way to tie it to your concentration and other pictures. also to tie it to the bottom of the painting where there isn't really much connection to the rest of the painting.. but i like the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah thats what i was thinking for the flower one
    and for the other one i was planning on doing something with all that you knowwwww, i'm just not for sure about what yet so i'm going to try out a few things

    thank yoouuuuuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm They look like they were really fun to do. I would make the flower on the first one pop a little bit more.

    ReplyDelete