Thursday, February 18, 2010

bloggin

Wonder
This one was from The Whistling Season project, but I decided to use it in my concentration because it, for the most part corresponds with shadows. I feel like the shadows look a little toostiff though- which wasn't exactly what I was looking for in the picture. I feel like the posture and face of the boy are odd too, they don't seem natural or relaxed, which was also another thing I really was hoping to portray. I do though, like the contrast that I was able to get, this picture is a little bright, but I was happiest with the way the face and neck turned out value wise. I think though I should have let the shadows in his cheek creep onto his face more. With this piece involving shadows I was kind of looking at how they can hide a part of a person, and that's definitely not easily seen by the viewer.

1 comment:

  1. i think you are right about the picture quality. the flash of the light did not make this painting look good. but i do like how the camera's flash drew attention to the background. with that flash you can really see the layering and the textures of the shadow itself. but you can also see how the shadows on the boys face don't flow together cohesively, the values are off i mean. and the faces proportions along the law lines look slightly unbalanced. but there does seem to bee some good movement as the viewers eye starts at the shirt and works its way up to the light in the eyes.

    ReplyDelete