Monday, February 8, 2010

Raphael


This was a while ago, but it just came to mind when I was thinking about the Portland Art Museum today.
I think we went about two months ago when it had been there for a while, and by it I mean: The Woman With The Veil.
And really it was beautiful, it was actually really neat.
We bought our tickets in advanced and when we went we all crowded into a small room.
At first I couldn't see the painting beyond the crowd of people, so I read some history on Raphael, which was pretty cool.
I'm pretty positive that it was the first time it had ever been out of Italy, at least it was the first time it had been to Oregon, which made it a special event.
When I saw it, I was actually blown away.
I can't even fathom how carefully he managed the skin and the dress, it was beautiful.
I'm glad I had the opportunity to see it, and now I want to go back to the museum and see what other new exhibits they have!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, LOTS of detail, sometimes i wonder why people don't paint like that anymore

    ReplyDelete